welcome to garage studio photography


Monday, December 29, 2008

A Wedding in Salt Lake City

My friends flew me to Salt Lake City to take photos of the wedding of their daughter, Nicole. It was December in Utah, so COLD. But luckily, it wasn't snowing (that came the next morning). While it was very cold, the light was perfect--cloudy. Nicole and Si'i met me at Temple Square before the wedding for some bride and groom shots. I know that Nicole was freezing but we got some great shots and we didn't feel quite as rushed as we would have after the wedding ceremony.
During the break between our bride and groom photo shoot and the wedding, I watched other photographers work with their bridal parties. It was so much fun to observe.
I haven't taken many photos outside the Salt Lake Temple and was a little nervous. I googled for wedding photo ideas and brought along an idea sheet. But once there, I was excited. There are so many different places to shoot and wonderful backgrounds everywhere. It helped to have my sister-in-law, Denise, who lives there able to help me shoot the wedding. Thanks, Denise!
Here are some of our shots of the beautiful bride and handsome groom both taken both before and after the wedding.





At the reflecting pool, we had to dodge a Nativity scene set up in the pool!





This was Nicole's fun idea. She pretended to hitch a ride while waiting for her friend, Rebecca, to pick them up.


At the reception. Nicole and her family had the challenge of planning and decorating for a wedding reception long distance. Nicole from California and Nicole's family from Oregon! They did a beautiful job!

eating cake