welcome to garage studio photography


Monday, December 29, 2008

My Sister's Wedding

Thanksgiving weekend my Mom, my daughter, Taryn, and I flew to Columbus, Ohio, to join the rest of my family for my sister, Ellen's wedding. It was a wonderful event. We got to meet Dan's family (Dan's the groom) and help make their wedding memorable. We brought many of the wedding decorations in our 3 checked suitcases!

While I have taken many weddings through the years; I haven't taken many weddings by myself. I also haven't taken any weddings of family where I was the principal photographer. I didn't realize (until the actual wedding day) how stressful it would be. My thanks to my family for calming me down and for Camille, who was a great director and caught some great candids of my family!

Dan and Ellen

Ellie and Dan sharing their vows.

A kiss as the new Mr. and Mrs. Weist.

I love this photo of Ellie and Dan walking down the aisle.

This photo of Ellie and Dan cutting the cake is one where I bounced the flash off the ceiling. Usually I don't like that look (downward light) but I liked this one.


Candids taken by Camille. My brother, Bruce.

My brother, Allan. He walked Ellen down the aisle.

Isn't this one cute of Dan's niece and nephew seeing which one is taller?

Dan and Ellen were married in Dan's church, the Unitarian Church. Here Dan stands at the pulpit with his brothers.

My siblings and I in ABC order (we were named alphabetically). Ellie's train is arranged to cover up my comfortable shoes I have to wear when shooting weddings (thanks, Camille for thinking of that).

Ellen and her bridesmaids

The wedding party

Dan's family

Ellie and Mom. We loved the natural light in this room! Especially when we added a reflector.

Ellie's dress was gorgeous. She gave the designer 15 wedding dress pictures as the basis for this dress.

I love trying to use a mirror in bridal photos! Sometimes I have more success than others!

I like this photo of Ellie (it's not her favorite, however)