welcome to garage studio photography


Monday, December 29, 2008

My Niece's Wedding

Last weekend I left the snow and gray skies and flew to Tucson (with my mom and daughter, Tayler) for my niece, Chelsy's wedding. It was glorious weather for we Oregonians. Perfect weather for a winter wedding! Chelsy spent months working on the wedding details--the luminaries lining the walk to the chapel, the rose petals covering the church aisle, getting a harpist to play for the wedding (it was a beautiful touch), and more. She had her nephew, Jackson (4), and her niece, Ava (15 months) as the ring bearer and flower girl. I've posted way too many photos of this wedding, but I had trouble weeding it down to this many! Thank you Chelsy for letting me photograph your wonderful day! It was so great to be there.








Jackson was reluctant to kiss Chelsy on the cheek or to let her kiss him. We promised him some Skittles so we could take this shot.

The Martin and Christensen families.

Ryan and his mom, Joann

Ryan with his dad, Rob

Chelsy with her mom, Darcy (my sister)

Chelsy with her dad, Kent

Here are some of my favorites of the bride and groom. There were so many good ones. The weather in Tucson in December is fabulous--in the high 60's and low 70's and sunny! Coming from the gray skies of Oregon where even at noon it can be dark, I loved taking photos at this wedding!





A few of the candids taken at the reception.
Ryan and his sister, Erin






Chelsy didn't plan on throwing her bouquet but she and her friend decided to "stage" it.

The first dance as husband and wife

Getting ready to cut the cake.

They are such a cute couple!

I like this candid of Ryan

I seemed to be big on catching reflections in sunglasses. I tried it twice. Getting Ryan's brother, Patrick, in Flinn's sunglasses and the reception table decorations in Jackson's sunglasses.


There was a slight breeze off and on through the afternoon which caused some of the paper lanterns to fall down. Chelsy joined Jackson in an impromtu soccer game with some of the lanterns.


Ava looked so cute wandering around with her bow untied and two pens in her hand as the adults cleaned up the reception.

It was Chelsy's idea to have the "pink" pop. She snagged several bottles to take with them.

Chelsy pokes her head out the window for a final wave goodby as they head off to their honeymoon.

Here are the detail photos that I so love to take. Chelsy chose silver and fuschia for her wedding colors. The reception decorations turned out just beautifully.