welcome to garage studio photography


Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Patch visit

My friend, Carla, had the day off and so we (and my mom) went to the pumpkin patch after the kids got home from school. We wanted to try out a new one in Oregon City, and I also wanted to practice with my hand-held light meter because I never use it.
Well, the pumpkin patch was really far away (almost to Estacada) and while it boasted a haunted castle, a pirate ship maze, a jail and other sites along the "Fantasy Trail"--it didn't have much of a pumpkin selection. I didn't really get the hang of my light meter either (see Taryn's photo)! Darin, Jason and Missy came home with pumpkins. I was afraid that they would be too expensive (turns out they weren't as expensive as I thought). Tanner and I got a pumpkin for him and me at Fred Meyer a day or so later!


On the way home Tanner rated the pumpkin patch as a "2" on a scale from 1 to 10 and Darin rated it a "5". Tanner prefers the pumpkin patch with the train and hay fort in Canby. Darin likes the pumpkin patch with the hay ride and farm animals on Sauvie Island.
If we get a chance (a good weather day), we may try again and go to a different pumpkin patch! After all, we still have to get a pumpkin for Taryn and Quinn!