welcome to garage studio photography


Sunday, January 19, 2014

high school senior season

In Oregon, summer & early fall (July/August/September) are great times to schedule high school senior photo sessions. The weather is usually good and the light is wonderful. Outdoor sessions can be relaxed and fun. Seniors are great to shoot. I like asking them "20 questions" (not usually quite that many) and learning a little about them.

I ask seniors to bring several clothing changes to the shoot and have them include at least one outfit for them (a favorite shirt or jacket) and one for their parents! I also encourage them to bring something personal so that we can include that in their photos--sports equipment, instruments, art supplies, and more. I had one senior bring her dog and another brought his motorcycle!

Here are a few of the seniors I shot this fall...












I haven't done a shoot at the railroad tracks for a long time.
We rushed over from the park to shoot some photos here before we lost the light.






















I got this chippy old chair especially for senior photos and was so excited to use it in the field near our house for this senior shoot.










This senior is a gymnast and was happy to demonstrate a backflip.



The park I usually use for photo shoots has many great locations--some I don't use as often as others and some I haven't used yet. It was nice to rediscover this cement wall. It's a great location for a variety of different photo "sets".









No comments:

Post a Comment