welcome to garage studio photography


Monday, June 15, 2009

you use what you have

For the last several years, I have taken individual photos of students at school to use for class projects or scrapbooks. I usually bring one of my drapes and tape or pin it to a wall (or bring my backdrop stand) and shoot a couple of classes at one time. This is what those individual photos look like.


But sometimes you have to use what you have. One second grader had missed both days that I was there to take photos; it was the last week of school and we needed her photo for the project the next day. I stopped into the class at the beginning of school to see when I should bring in my drape and take her photo. "Can't you take it now?" the teacher asked. "Sure," I replied my mind busy considering what would be best for a backdrop in the classroom. Spying a black sweater hanging on the hooks, I had Taryn grab it and hold it as the backdrop. And this is the result! I had to come back later and take a photo to show the "behind the scenes" of this cute photo!