welcome to garage studio photography


Thursday, February 19, 2009

new backdrop!

I LOVE my new backdrop! When I was in Tucson, some of my favorite shots of Jackson (my great nephew) was against the backdrop of the living room walls. The soft brown was such a flattering color.
So I've toyed with getting some fleece in a soft brown for a new backdrop. Finally, I succumbed and bought some. It's been great! I love it! Here are some headshots of my friend, Amy. She was the first one I used it on.





I like fleece for a backdrop because it really absorbs light and is not see-through. It has such a soft finish that makes a great background. Some of the "professional" backdrops I have are so thin, that I can see right through it. Fleece is a simpler alternative, especially for individuals or small groups.